With the premier of Teen Wolf S5 just around the corner, we thought that fans might like some scoop on whats coming up this season.
Speaking recenlty with Hypable, Executive Producer Jeff Davis revealed the title for Episode 2 will be “Parasomnia.” which believe it or not is an actual word. The word is a medical term that describes any sort of abnormal behavior that may take place while a person is asleep. This includes sleepwalking, nightmares and even sleep paralysis.
Davis also revealed the name of the bad guys. Not the individual names but what the group of uber scary doc’s will be called. According to Davis the group of bad guy doctors seen in the trailer will be referred to as Dread Doctors.
1. The synopsis for “Teen Wolf” season 5 reads: “On the eve of Senior Year, Scott and his friends find themselves facing the possibility of a future without each other, a next phase of their lives that might take them in different directions despite their best intentions. Little do they know that outside forces are already plotting to break the pack apart long before they ever see graduation. New villains that use a combination of science and the supernatural for a malevolent and mysterious purpose that will eventually pit Scott and his friends against their greatest enemy yet.”
2. MTV has also released character bios for some new and old faces. You can check them out below:
Scott McCall – Ever since the fateful night when he was bitten by Peter and turned into a werewolf, Scott and his pack have taken on any threat to come to Beacon Hills, be it Darach, Alpha Pack, deranged hunters or a thousand-year-old Japanese spirit. Now their greatest challenge lies before them: senior year. With his pack behind him, Scott prepares for the struggle of Senior Year, unaware of new threats gathering around him.
Stiles Stilinski – Going into his Senior Year, Stiles remains hopeful for his friends to stay together well after graduation. Ever a thorn in his father’s side, Stiles continues to find himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. But Sheriff Stilinski knows that Stiles always means well and will do absolutely anything for his friends.
Lydia Martin – Despite being eligible for an early graduation, Lydia has decided to remain with her friends so they can be together for their final year of high school. She continues to hone her Banshee powers, with plenty left to learn. After years of hiding behind a false veneer, the true woman beneath has emerged to take her place in Scott’s pack. She has also grown closer to Deputy Parrish while trying to help him wade through the mystery of his emerging powers.
Kira Yukimura – Kira has finally found the group of friends that she’s always wanted. She, Malia and Lydia couldn’t be closer and her relationship with Scott is just about perfect. Both her Kitsune abilities and her sword remain sharper than ever. While she could not be more excited about Senior Year and the prospect of graduating with the group of friends she cares about so deeply, the Kitsune spirit inside her may have other plans.
Malia Tate – To say that high school has been a struggle for Malia is an understatement. Having spent more time in the woods of Beacon Hills than out of them, Malia constantly feels the pressure to be normal. Surrounded by her friends and with Stiles at her side, Malia has found where she belongs in the world and is always ready to take on whatever comes her way — especially a fight.
Liam Dunbar – The newest member of Scott’s pack and his first true Beta, Liam still struggles at times with the whole ‘being a teen wolf’ thing. But with Scott as his leader and mentor, they have continued to tame Liam’s anger. This proves to be difficult at times since his best friend Mason has no idea what Liam is and what he’s been up to with Scott’s pack. To make matters worse, a familiar face from Liam’s past resurfaces at the start of his Sophomore Year.
Mason Hewitt – Ever at his best friend Liam’s side, Mason is ready for his sophomore year. But he knows there’s something weird about Beacon Hills, something lurking just under the surface. After he and Lydia were attacked by a Berserker, Mason is ready for more than just a glimpse of whatever is really going on. He wants to dive right in. Unfortunately, he may get his chance sooner than he expects.
Jordan Parrish – After being mysteriously drawn to Beacon Hills, Parrish has settled into his role as a Sheriff’s Deputy. He is determined to prove to Sheriff Stilinski that he’s worthy of his trust despite his recent assignments consisting mostly of paperwork. With Lydia’s help, Parrish continues his search for the meaning behind his supernatural powers, each of them unaware of the danger creeping ever closer as their lives become more entangled.
Hayden Romero (Victoria Morales) – Starting her sophomore year, Hayden never expected Liam, her grade-school enemy, to step back into her life. Now she has to juggle work, school, a sister in the Sheriff’s department, and the vengeance she seeks against Liam.
Theo Raeken (Cody Christian) – Theo never thought he’d ever return to Beacon Hills. When he learned that Scott McCall, his grade-school friend, was not only a werewolf, but a True Alpha, Theo knew that the time was right to come home to find a pack. When Theo seeks out Scott, he’s automatically considered an outsider by Stiles. Now Theo must prove to Scott and the rest of the pack that he’s worthy of their trust as well as their friendship.
3. Two other episode titles have been revealed! The first being “Creatures of the Night” written by Jeff Davis and the second titles “Condition Terminal.”
4. According to Movie Plot’s website the main focus will primarily deal with identifying the Desert Wolf. We will also learn more about Deputy Jordan Perrish (Ryan Kelley) type of monster and see some more air time from the Argent’s. Apparently Chris is still on the hunt for his were-jaguar sister Kate and will have help from Araya Calavera (Ivonne Coll).
5. On September 11, 2014, Holland Roden who plays Lydia Martin revealed that “you’re going to have to tune in for season five to see if we’re all coming back or not. That’s just reality… It’s sort of a toss up of who is not coming back for season five, but somebody is not coming back.”
6. As of now the main cast is listed as Tyler Posey as Scott McCall, Dylan O’Brien as Stiles Stilinski, Tyler Hoechlin as Derek Hale, Holland Roden as Lydia Martin, Shelley Hennig as Malia Tate, Arden Cho as Kira Yukimura and Dylan Sprayberry as Liam Dunbar.
7. Dylan Sprayberry who plays the new wolf Liam will be getting a love interest in season five. It is also revealed his friendship with Mason will be explored more. Sprayberry spoke with Hollywire TV at PaleyFest where he revealed the show will introduce a new character that may or may not become Liam’s love interest.
“There’s a new girl on the show named Victoria Morales, who is really a great young actress,” the 16-year-old actor said. “She’s gonna be in the same grade as Liam and Mason (Khylin Rhambo), who is my best friend on the show. So we’ll see what happens with that.”
Sprayberry admitted that he doesn’t know if his character will fall for Morales but did tell Celebified that there is definitely “some tension” between the two.
8. Orny Adams who plays Coach Finstock revealed he would not be returning to the fifth season due to scheduling issues.
9. Steven Brand has been added to the cast of season five as the new villain Dr. Valack.
10. Early this year Cody Christian was cast as Theo, “a lone wolf who is drawn to town in search of a pack. He’s described as athletic and charming yet covert, and while it may appear that the young adult is new to town, his past might suggest otherwise.”
11. Shelley Hennig hinted about what is in store for Malia and Stiles in season five in an interview with Hollywood Life.
The actress said, “It’s really important to Stiles to help me figure it who the Desert Wolf is, who my mother is. There’s also a fear there to figure out is she good [or] is she evil? Will it change their relationship? “It could. That whole situation is not easy for a 17-year-old so hopefully Stiles makes it a smoother process.”
12. According to Teen Wolf News, there is someone new joining the cast in season five. He is none other than 16-year old Michael Lynch, who is set to play a supernatural creature named Sluagh.
According to the report, Sluagh is “a creature of Irish and Scottish myth that eats the souls of innocents and sometimes places parts of its rotten soul into the bodies of its sleeping victims.” Further, Sluagh is a fan-designed creature for the show, who is rumored to come from a secret supernatural jail in a mental health facility.
13. According to SpoilerTV, the show is currently casting for a young version of Scott McCall, who is of course played by Tyler Posey in the present. You will see him in a flashback scene, seemingly having an asthma attack.
14. Looks like Tyler Hoechlin is on his way out as MTV’s hunky werewolf Derek Hale. It has been revealed that Hoechlin will not be a series regular on the supernatural drama and will only have recurring appearances on the show.
BuzzFeed reports the actor will be making fewer appearances in “Teen Wolf” in order to pursue a career in film. The series co-creator Jeff Davis confirmed the news of Hoechlin’s decision to leave in an interview with MTV.
“He said he felt like he was at a point in his career where he wanted to try new things, things that scare him, but wasn’t quite ready to let go of the family he created on Teen Wolf.” The show runner also added, “We love him and miss him.”
15. After two seasons playing fan favorite Roy Harper/Arsenal, Colton Haynes has officially said goodbye to “Arrow,” which of course leaves him open to return to “Teen Wolf.”
If you recall Haynes character Jackson left on a high note after becoming the big bad in season two, the Kanima. He seemingly got everything he wanted at the end; to become a werewolf and find love and true friends but still left for London. Luckily his character wasn’t killed off leaving the door open for his return and creator Jeff Davis thinks Haynes will be back again.
Furthermore last fall, Davis shared the excitement he felt knowing that Lydia’s ex-boyfriend might come back to the show someday. “One of our missed characters might come back next year” he told melty during a master-class in Paris. “Jackson has turned into a wolf now. I would love to see him in a wolf-fight.”
Don’t miss the two part premiere on June 29 at 10/9c and June 30 at 9/8c