With the Secret Circle returning to screens next Thursday in the US, we have loads of updates for you.
When the CW series returns Jan. 5, Mama Meade (Hunter alumna Stepfanie Kramer) will be dropping by Chance Harbor, and we’ve got a first look at her unexpected visit. According to TV Line. Diana is thrilled to see her grandmother, but her presence means trouble for Charles and Dawn. You see, Kate is a very powerful Elder — “maybe more powerful than we’ve seen with Henry and Jane,” executive producer Andrew Miller previously told TVLine. “[She] will have certain abilities to sense things.” Like the world’s most awkward dinner party with Charles, Dawn, Diana and Cassie, in whom Kate takes an interest.
Check out the gallery below:
Charles’ (Gale Harold) mom is a “complicated and strong” character who will be played by Stepfanie Kramer (Sgt. Dee Dee McCall in Hunters) – an actress who looks young enough to be his sister!
“She’s a very competent lady,” Stepfanie says about Kate, “There’s a lot of internal machinations that are happening. She doesn’t tip her hand as to why she does what she does. She comes into the picture with a lot of information that others are not aware of. That is part and parcel of what compels her to do what she does.”
“She makes some choices that are going to be surprising to some people, but as the situation reveals itself, you start to understand why,” Stepfanie says. “She walks the line between warm and open and kinda creepy in a very subtle way. She does [things] truly from a place of love for her family, although that may not be obvious to others.”
In other updates, when The Secret Circle returns from hiatus, Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) is hungry for solo magic, so she and Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy) steal a spell from Cassie’s crazy-evil Book of Shadows – a spell that will grant them individual powers.
Unfortunately, the ingredients for said incantation aren’t of the normal oregano and all-spice variety, so the ladies set off to buy items from some random they find on a Google search (or, knowing The CW, a Bing search). Source
Thanks to Wetpaint.com we have the following 5 spoilers for the return of The Secret Circle.
1. On when Jake (Chris Zylka) will be back in our lives: Immediately! Jake might have boated off into the great unknown when we last saw him, but he’s back and better than ever when the series returns.
2. On when Cassie (Britt Robertson) will use her dark magic: Cassie will tap into her sinister side straight away. Dark magic courses through her veins, and try as she might to keep it at bay, she’ll definitely learn a lot about why these powers makes her who she is.
3. On finding out about Cassie’s sibling: We won’t find out who the other Blackwell spawn is in the mid-season premiere, but let’s all hope it isn’t Adam. Because, awkward!
4. On Melissa’s (Jessica Parker Kennedy) dad: Melissa is too busy plotting and scheming for power with Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) to worry about her family tree. We won’t discover any more about her parents in The Secret Circle Season 1, Episode 10: “Darkness”, but Melissa does make friends with Chance Harbor’s newest hunk, Grey Damon.
5. On Charles Meade’s (Gale Harold) mom: We’ve been pretty worried about Charles these days, but never fear – it’s mommy to the rescue! Kate Meade is in town for a visit, and she’s at odds with the other people in his life (cough, Dawn, cough). Meanwhile, Charles is paranoid about how much Ethan (Adam Harrington) knows and probably wishes he had gone ahead and drowned him in that pool of water-vomit.
In other news, there is a new physic coming to town! Meet Lucy (Community’s Lauren Stamile), a psychic who knew Cassie’s parents and might be able to shed some insight into her dad John Blackwell’s evil doings.
“All I can say is that Lucy is a very complicated woman who is haunted by her past,” Lucy tells myFanbase, adding, “a past that is tangled up with Cassie’s parents.”
So, was Lucy involved in the mysterious boating accident that killed off half of the original circle?
“Oh, boy …many, many interesting things come to light in this episode,” Lauren teases. “There are definitely some “WHAT?!” moments. What they are, however, I cannot say. Ugh. I’m sorry! You gotta watch – it is well worth it!”
As for love in Chance Harbor, can Diana find a new male to lather in cream? According to Executive Producer, Andrew Miller, she’ll be lucky in love in no time!
“She’s going to be struggling for a bit,” Andrew tells TV Guide, “but you can’t keep that girl away from love because she’s too amazing, so there will be love for Diana in this half of the season. It’ll just come from an unexpected place.”
Check out the preview below for the upcoming return of The Secret Circle: